Love is in the air and Wilmingtonians are ready to spend the holiday of romance out and about in the city. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Wilmington, Delaware! Check it out below:
Love = Food
1. Catherine Rooney’s Valentine’s Day Contest– Share your story of how you met your partner at Catherine Rooney’s, the OLD C.R. Hooligan’s (R.I.P), Trolley Tap House, or Hummingbird to Mars for a chance to win an all-inclusive date night! Entries are due by February 10th, click here to submit. PLUS: H2Mars is taking reservations for dinner with live jazz all weekend!
2. Le Cavalier – this classy eatery is housed in the Hotel duPont and is sure to impress on a romantic night out. Enjoy their Valentine’s weekend special, or prepare their world-class dishes at home with “Maison x Le Cav”. Maybe book a room upstairs after? 😉Big Fish Grill – feel like staying in but still want to get a taste of Wilmington? Big Fish’s “Valentine’s Dinner for Two” offers a full-course seafood meal available for takeout.
3. Bardea – enjoy delicious Italian dishes made from local ingredients with Bardea’s Valentine’s weekend menu. Enjoy a 6-course surf & turf meal dining indoors on their first-ever Sunday night, or take out all weekend long!
4. Big Fish Grill – feel like staying in but still want to get a taste of Wilmington? Big Fish’s “Valentine’s Dinner for Two” offers a full-course seafood meal available for takeout.
5. Chelsea Tavern – this classic Wilmington tavern is serving their “Sweetheart Package” the whole weekend, pairing appetizers, main courses and dessert with hand-picked beers, wines and spirits.
6. V&M Bistro – bring home some chic Italian fare all day from V&M. They’re featuring their gemelli genovese, shrimp alfredo, and an adorable heart-shaped ravioli to be enjoyed with specialty to-go cocktails and boozy ice cream!
7. Columbus Inn – Columbus Inn is offering full Valentine’s Day menus for both takeout and dine-in. Either way, you will be enjoying undeniably delicious American cuisine.
Gift Ideas & Experiences
1. Brandywine Zoo – The zoo is holding 2 virtual family events to celebrate the Day of Love:
- The “Virtual Valentine’s Celebration” on February 12th will focus on who loves who in the animal kingdom! Tickets are $5 per household, complete education packages are $15 per classroom.
- The “Virtual Galentine’s Day Celebration” on February 13th will honor all of the female creatures at the Zoo! Tickets are $5 per household.
2. Boyd’s Flowers – Need to impress your sweetheart? Boyd’s rose assortments are fresh, eye-catching, and of course, gorgeous. Order ahead of time, these flowers are high in demand!
3. Flowers by Yukie – Professional florist Yukie Yamamoto, a Wilmington native, offers a wonderful array of vibrant roses for Valentine’s Day! Stop by her store on Union Street to check them out.
4. Currie Hair, Skin, & Nails – Treat yourself or a loved one to a day of relaxation and beauty therapy at one of their Wilmington locations! Gift cards are also available!
5. Al’s Sporting Goods – This historic sports store is known for its ample selection of rare and hard-to-find apparel and equipment. Stop in before Valentine’s Day to get just the gift you need for yourself or someone special.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Is there a business or fun event we missed? Comment below or shoot us a DM on our Instagram or Facebook! As always, follow our adventures on Youtube, read our commentary on Twitter, and check out more of our articles here.