The Riverfront is DESIGNED for getting out and being active. With this many options, it’s hard to ever leave!
1. Blue Rooster Co Op– The Christina River sure is beautiful to look at, but it’s a completely different story to BE on. “A taco truck, but with kayaks’, Owen at Blue Rooster Co-Op will meet you anywhere on the Christina River you want and get you set up with 2.5 hour tours of sights you may have seen from land, but are breathtaking from the water!
2. Bike the Jack A. Markell Trail/Riverwalk – The Riverwalk runs all along the Riverfront, and blends in the Jack A. Markell Trail. The J.A.M connects 7.9 miles of trail from the Riverfront down to Battery Park in historic New Castle. The wildlife and scenic views make you forget you’re in Wilmington!
Want to see something added to the list? Leave us your favorite spots in the comments, and view our “Day on the Riverfront” recap below!
3. Riv Crossfit – Wanna get in a quick sweat sesh? The box at Riv Crossfit will challenge you! They’re not just a Crossfit gym, they offer RivFit (bootcamp), endurance, strongman, open gyms, nutritional coaching and personal training!
4. DuPont Environmental Education Center & Peterson Refuge- The DuPont Environmental Education Center is currently closed to the public, but you can access the 212-acre Peterson Refuge from here!
5. Riverfront Pets– Your furry friends will be so happy you stopped in! Riverfront Pets operates on the motto “Healthy pets, happy humans!” In addition to all the at home essentials, they also offer a variety of grooming services including baths, haircuts, nail trimming, ear cleanings and more.
6. Axe Throwing at Constitution Yards (in season Spring-Fall)- This is a DEFINITE MUST if you’re exploring the Riverfront April-October. An open outdoor space with live music, booze and bites, sports on their big screen, lawn games, and a wing devoted to axe throwing!
7. Delaware Children’s Museum– The DCM is technically closed for the time being, BUT their at home activity kits are available for online ordering and pick up curbside to still inspire wonder and imagination! You can also go virtual with them and participate in their online events!
8. Delaware Contemporary-The Delaware Contemporary is an art space that infuses contemporary art and creativity into the community. Show up to check out their exhibits, or book one of their figure drawing sessions!
1. Frawley Stadium (currently closed for the season)-Although closed for the Wilmington Blue Rocks season, both businesses have been working hard to get people to the park. Movie nights, on-field catches, and Covid testing are some options offered.
2. Riverwalk Mini Golf (currently closed for the season)- another seasonal activity, the 18- hole miniature golf course is right on the Riverwalk! You can also rent bikes and grab an ice cream cone while you’re at it.
Want to see something added to the list? Leave your favorite spots in the comments, and watch our “Day on the Riverfront” Recap vid below!