Whether you like to hear it or not, summer will soon be coming to an end and fall is just around the corner! So we created a list of all the things you can do here in Wilmington, DE before summer ends to make the most of it!
1. Curbside Wilmington – Up until September 30th you can enjoy expanded outdoor dining at your favorite restaurants for dinner every Monday through Sunday! There are 24 different restaurants participating, free valet on Friday and Saturday evenings, AND live music every Thursday night at various locations starting at 5pm!
2. Free Movies in the Sculpture Garden – What’s better than a free movie with a scenic view?! Come to the Delaware Art Museum on select days until September 10th to see your favorite movies in the Sculpture Garden! All you need to bring is your friends, family and some chairs!
3. Summer Concert Series – Live in the Parks – You better cancel your plans for tomorrow because THIS Wednesday the 18th is the last Live In The Parks 2021 Summer Concert Series! Nic Snow is performing from 6 to 8:30pm and the best part is, it’s free!
4. Bike & Hike & Brews – Explore the Hagley Museum property that is usually closed to foot traffic at Hike & Bike & Brews! There will be Dogfish Head craft beer, Woodside Farm Creamery Ice Cream, scheduled food trucks and you can always bring your own picnic! If you have a dog, bring them on the last Wednesday of the month too!
5. Del Art Happy Hour – Nothing beats a relaxing Happy Hour after a long day! The Delaware Art Museum’s Happy Hour features live music, local brews, cocktails AND food vendors every Thursday! You have until September 16th to experience this serene Happy Hour and free admission to the Museum Galleries from 4 to 8pm!
6. Summer Saturdays at Hagley Museum – Two more chances to spend your Saturday in the great outdoors at Hagley! Whether you want to relax or do some outdoor activities now is your time to do it! They will have Fishing on the Brandywine on the 21st and Wooden Boat Races on the 28th!
7. Music Nights at 7th & West Park – Music lovers head over to 7th & West Park for a FREE night of music! In partnership with Market Street Music and Delaware Division of the Arts you can catch amazing artists on the 19th and September 16th! Joe Keyes & The Late Bloomer Band will be playing on the 19th so go check them out for a night of fun!
8. An Evening of Music By Women presented by the Ladybug Music Festival – In various places around Downtown Wilmington on August 31 check out An Evening in Music By Women! With 25 acts performing at 11 locations along Market Street this will be a FREE event you don’t want to miss! Artist Announcements are coming soon!