The State of Emergency due to COVID-19 has closed schools and cut many residents job hours, leaving families across the state hungry. The Food Bank of Delaware is doing a great deal to serve families and will be hosting 3 Emergency Drive-Thru Mobile Pantries this week, the first of which will take place tomorrow, March 18 in Wilmington.
Families in need of food can go to the Chase Center on the Riverfront starting at 11AM tomorrow. The Food Bank asks that you bring a valid ID and proof of Delaware residency, and clear out your trunk beforehand for easy load up. Because of social distancing, it is encouraged to stay in your car if attending. Those who take public transportation or walk are recommended to utilize other food resources via Delaware 2-1-1.
- Healthy volunteers- We are in need of healthy volunteers to help pack emergency meal boxes in both our Newark and Milford facilities. Health and safety measures have been taken to protect our volunteers. Click here for Volunteer Sign-Ups.
- Financial support – We are fundraising to cover the costs of increased food distribution and pre-made weekend meal kits for children. Click here to Donate.
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Peanut butter
- Pasta and jarred sauce
- Canned meats (tuna fish, chicken)
- Hot and cold cereal
- Healthy snacks like granola bars and raisins
- 100% fruit and vegetable juice
Follow the Food Bank of Delaware on Facebook to see the most up-to-date information on Food Resources.