Image courtesy of the City of Wilmington, DE.
Pride month is here and we’ve got you covered on where to go and what to do so you can have fun throughout Wilmington, Delaware! We’ll keep this list updated throughout June with new events.
FreeLee Foundation’s LGBTQ+ Pride Day Party!
- When: June 1st, 12 pm – 5 pm
- Where: Docklands Riverfront, 110 West Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Admission: $15 per person, click here for tickets.
- More info: This event is 21+ only and benefits the FreeLee Foundation, a charity and advocacy organization with a mission to promote awareness, unity, and stability for minorities, single parents, women, and LGBTQ+.
Delaware Pride Community Meeting
- When: June 11th, 10 am – 11 am
- Where: 2020 W 9th St, Wilmington, Delaware 19805
- Admission: Free
- More info: DELAWARE PRIDE, Inc. invites you to attend its monthly organizational MEETING FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS, local businesses, COMMUNITY LEADERS AND CITIZENS IN THE DELAWARE & surrounding areas. Learn more about the event by clicking here.
Pride at Theatre N
- When: June 13th, 6 pm – 9 pm
- Where: Theatre N, 1007 N Orange St, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, Delaware
- Admission: $5 in advance, $10 at the door, click here for tickets
- More info: Join us for a night of live music from local bands that prominently feature LGBT musicians, hosted by our favorite local drag queen, Miss Troy!
Delaware Pride Networking Happy Hour ~ New Castle County
- When: June 14th, 3 pm – 6 pm
- Where: Trolley Tap House, 1616 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, Delaware
- Admission: Free to enter. Food and Drink specials are available.
- More info: Join us for drinks, fun, and socializing with fellow LGBTQ+ members and straight allies at our monthly Delaware Pride Happy Hour!
More about Pride Month
June is LGBTQ+ pride month across the US and is recognized around the world. This month was chosen to commemorate the Stonewall riots, a major historical event that was the catalyst for LGBTQ+ equality efforts. The riot occurred at the end of June in 1969. As a result, many pride events are held during this month to recognize the impact LGBT people have had in the world.