Do you know someone that deserves recognition for going above and beyond? Do they open doors and create opportunities for people living with disabilities and their families? Say thank you to those special individuals by nominating them for The Wilmington Awards!
The Wilmington Awards recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of citizens who serve and live in Wilmington. These individuals are excelling in the fields of the arts, athletics, business, education, environment, and health or science. This award also recognizes individuals for their community service, heroism, contributions to the faith community, and dedication to the cause of human and civil rights.
Wilmington Awards eligibility is based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Leadership in community-building
- Advocacy for educational excellence
- A selfless act of courage and a superior act of bravery
- Furthering economic opportunity
- Promotion of social justice
- Advancing cultural awareness
- Involvement with music and the arts to promote greater understanding and acceptance
- Previous award recipients between 2010-2018 are ineligible
Know one or more deserving people? Nominations are due by Saturday, July 7th. The award ceremony will be Wednesday, October 2nd. You can find the nomination forms by clicking here.