We asked, you answered: What are the best takeout spots in Wilmington, DE? On this #TakeoutTuesday try out some local faves, nominated by YOU.
- Southeast Kitchen – One of the MOST popular responses to our “best takeout” question in Wilmington was Southeast Kitchen! The popular spot brings you meals from areas all over the Southeast Region such as China, Vietnam, Philippines and more! They serve seafood, pork, beef or chicken to your desired spice level!
Our favorite dish: Pad Kee Mao, aka Drunken Noodles- Spicy rice noodles w/ basil, onions, carrots, bell peppers, bamboo, roasted red chili paste, and coconut milk.
- El Mana – Get your Puerto Rican food fix from El Mana! They have an extensive menu that brings the flavors of Puerto Rico right to your home! Head over to their website to see what they have to offer!
Our favorite dish: Mofongo con Frita- Fried pork with mashed plantains with salt, garlic, and other spices.
- Kid Shelleen’s – Not sure what you are craving? Kid Shelleens is a great option because their menu is extremely diverse! They have everything from salads to sandwiches to tacos and so much more! Check them out on Instagram.
Our favorite dish: Buffalo Chicken Breast sandwich with buffalo sauce, bleu cheese dressing and choice of side (we recommend the pasta salad or fries!)
- Santa Fe Mexican Grill – The new kid on the block is perfect for takeout 7 days a week! With dishes influenced by the regions of Oaxaca and Mexico City and family recipes from Puebla and Jalisco, you’ll find something you’ll love! Check them out on Instagram.
Our favorite dish: Enchiladas Tradicional- Corn tortilla, cheese, red or green sauce, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cotija cheese, rice, refried beans, and add beef, chicken, or cheese to keep it simple.
- Bangkok House – Get the most authentic Thai food from Bangkok House! This family owned restaurant crafts delicious flavorful meals that are perfect for your takeout needs!
Our favorite dish: Koaw Pad- Fried rice Thai style with egg, peas, carrots, and onions (add the chicken!)
- Scalessa’s – If you are looking for a classic takeout option, Italian food is the way to go! Scalessa’s is an old school Italian Kitchen! They have an assortment of any type of Italian dish you can dream of! Head over to their Instagram.
Our favorite dish: Homemade Gnocchi Verdi- Lump crab, tomato, spinach, and house made gnocchi.
- La Pizzeria Metro – Pizza is always the right move! La Pizzeria Metro is the perfect place to get your hand-crafted wood fire pizza! PLUS they’re right next door to Wilmington Brew Works where you can stop for take out beer on your way home. Check them out and follow them on Instagram!
Our favorite dish: The Mansion at Rockwood Pizza- Pancetta bacon, arugula, bruschetta, mozzarella and garlic aioli.
- Ubon – With recipes passed down through three generations, get ready for your mouth to water with the fusion of traditional Thai food with a modern influence at Ubon! Follow them on Instagram.
Our favorite dish: Chicken Satay- Grilled marinated chicken breast with a Thai peanut curry sauce.
- El Toro – Any night can be taco night with takeout from El Toro! Their menu offers traditional Mexican meals and has so many options from guacamole to fajitas and more! Check them out on Instagram!
Our favorite dish: Chimichanga- Deep fried flour tortilla stuffed with choice of meat, smothered with queso and served with rice and beans.