Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner! No matter how you choose to celebrate, Wilmington’s restaurant scene has you covered. Check out some of our favorite spots for this Cinco de Mayo.
1. Santa Fe– This award-winning casual Mexican restaurant brings traditional Mexican food to a comfortable and fun environment. Check out their house margaritas for a delicious Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Staff Favorite: Shrimp Quesadilla
2. El Toro Cantina Bar and Restaurant– Looking for a restaurant who is truly passionate about their food? El Toro goes by the motto: Food is our first love. They are sure to make you want to keep coming back for more!
Staff Favorite: Queso Birria Tacos
3. Del Pez– This Mexican gastropub offers some of the most unique drink options around. Their corridos punch signature cocktail is a fan-favorite. Stop by if you want to spice up your Cinco de Mayo!
Staff Favorite: Baja Mahi Tacos
4. Anejo– Located in Trolley Square, Anejo Mexican Grill and Tequila Bar is known for their authentic Mexican fare and extensive tequila list. It is a great environment to grab a drink, enjoy some of your favorite classic Mexican foods, and hang with friends and family.
Staff Favorite: Black Raspberry Margarita
5. Taco Grande– With a prime location on Wilmington’s Riverfront, Taco Grande is focused on creating an upbeat and celebratory environment. Their hand pressed guacamole and fresh flour tortillas are made on site and their margaritas are some of the best around. It’s the perfect place to celebrate Cinco!
Staff Favorite: Fuego Verde Cocktail
6. El Molcajete– This Mexican restaurant and bar serves some of the most authentic Mexican cuisine in Wilmington. They also offer karaoke to spice up your night!
Staff Favorite: Traditional chilaquiles
7. Rincon Mexicano Antojitos – Located on Union Street, this spot offers above and beyond service and delicious, fresh, Mexican food. In addition, they have excellent prices and are known particularly for their delicious tacos. Check it out for a fun and unique night out.
Staff Favorite: Chicharrones Preparados
8. Over The Border Tacos– Are you craving tacos this Cinco de Mayo? Over the Border is a cool new spot with some of the most flavorful tacos around and events like live music, specials, and sports coverage.
Staff Favorite: Enchiladas with salsa verde
9. Jalapeno Grill– This spot is always offering exciting new deals and programs. In fact their Happy Hour specials are Monday-Friday from 3pm-7pm! It is sure to be a blast over at the Jalapeno Grill this Cinco de Mayo!
Staff Favorite: Fajita Burrito