Mayor Purzycki and Parks and Rec. Director Kevin Kelley announced, the employment of approx. 450 youths in various jobs within the City’s government, and in the business and community sectors.
Summer youth job placements are available in diverse businesses and agencies across Wilmington. Among them include the City of Wilmington, Bank of America, Blue Diamond Dental, R.E. Page & Associates, Southbridge Neighborhood House, Fresenius Medical Center, Clarion Hotel, Christiana Care, Administrative Office of the Courts and Williams & Crosse, Attorneys at Law.
“These young people come in ready to work and learn, and we want them to exit the program at the end of the summer with a better foundation for their own growth as individuals and with a better understanding of the importance of service to the community,” said Mayor Purzycki.
Applications are available online at www.WilmingtonDE.gov/SYEP or can be picked up at the following locations:
- Parks and Recreation Turner Building on Wilmington Avenue
- The Williams “Hicks” Anderson Community Center on Madison Street
- West End Neighborhood House on Lincoln Street
- Kingswood Community Center on Bowers Street
- PAL Center on Market Street
Requirements for the program:
- Between the ages 14 and 20 years old.
- Completed application form in its entirety
- Other income and residency requirements.
Registrations will be accepted through April 29th. Applicants under 17 years of age must also complete a Delaware Department of Labor work permit form which can also be downloaded (here).
Applications can be delivered:
- Monday, April 24, 4-7 p.m. Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Wilmington Municipal Services Complex, 500 Wilmington Ave
- Tuesday, April 25, 4-7 p.m. West End Neighborhood House, 1627 W 8th St.
- Wednesday, April 26, 4-7 p.m. Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Wilmington Municipal Services Complex, 500 Wilmington Ave.
- Thursday, April 27, 4-7 p.m. Kingswood Community Center, 2300 Bowers St.
- Saturday, April 29, 9 a.m. – noon Department of Parks and Recreation, City of Wilmington Municipal Services Complex, 500 Wilmington Ave.
- Saturday, April 29, 1-4 p.m. Police Athletic League of Wilmington, 3707 N. Market St.
Stay Up-to-Date on Everything Wilmington.
Sign up for Our Monthly Newsletter!
Show Comments (0)