It may be cold outside, but don’t let that stop you from having fun this winter! Wilmington has so much to do even in the winter! So bundle up, put your winter boots on and get ready for an adventure!
1. Public Skate – Lace up your skates because The Skating Club of Wilmington has Public Skate Nights! Every Friday night from 7:30 to 9:30pm you can skate alongside your family and friends! Follow The Skating Club of Wilmington on Instagram.
2. Catch a Movie – Get away from the cold air outside and out of your house for a few hours and see a movie! Penn Cinema Riverfront 14 is a movie theater that also offers IMAX & 3D, that takes movie watching to the next level!
3. See a Blue Coats Game – It’s basketball season, so head over to the Chase Fieldhouse to catch a Blue Coats Game! The Delaware Blue Coats are an American professional basketball team and an affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers! Follow them on Instagram!
4. Kalmar Nyckel Winter Ship Tours – Climb aboard the Kalmar Nyckel this winter! Saturdays from 10:00am to 4:00pm, take a self-guided tour of the ship during maintenance season when the ship is not fully rigged! Check out the Kalmar Nyckel on Instagram.
5. Check Out a Local Bookstore – Curl up by the fire on a snowy day with a blanket and a good book! Get a book from Books and Bagels, a local Wilmington neighborhood bookstore that sells books and highlights local brands! Check them out on Instagram!
6. Wilmo Rock Circus – After being postponed, the Wilmo Rock Circus is set for February 4th and it’s the ten year anniversary of Gable Music Ventures! The event will take place at Theatre N and will have many music guests! Click here for more information.
Warm Up with Food and Drinks:
1. Brew HaHa! – Cozy up at your favorite coffee shop, especially if they have winter specialty coffees like Brew HaHa! They offer Candy Cane and Frosted Gingerbread coffee! Every drink is special and individualized so you know it will be absolutely delicious! Check out their Instagram!
2. Spark’d – Nothing screams winter more than a steaming hot chocolate. Head over to Spark’d and grab a warm pastry while you are there! Located in DE.CO, be sure to check them out every Monday through Friday and check out their Instagram too!
3. Mikimotos – Mikimotos is the place to go to get your Asian grill and sushi fix! They have some of the freshest sushi in town, and perfect bento box lunch specials. Follow them on Instagram to see their delicious food!
4. DE Slider Co – Snowed in? Don’t worry DE Slider Co has you covered, they deliver! Their many delicious sliders and sides always hit the spot and are also available for takeout! So slide over and check them out on Instagram!
6. Capriottis – If you are looking for comfort food this winter, definitely check out Capriottis! Their sandwiches are flavorful, made with award-winning traditional recipes, and fresh ingredients. Check them out on Instagram too!