Wilmington Police Department is hosting a series of Community Resource Fairs during September in each of the police department’s three sector coverage areas.
The Community Resource Fairs will include officers who hold a wide variety of positions and assignments. They will also include an increased number of outside partner agencies that serve Wilmington and its residents. They will be a way for residents of the city to interact with officers in a relaxed and enjoyable setting.
Locations, Dates, and Times for these events are as follows:
- Thursday, September 8, from 4-6 p.m. – Sector 1 – Brown-Burton-Winchester Park
- Thursday, September 15, from 4-6 p.m. – Sector 2 – Helen Chambers Park
- Thursday, September 22, from 4-6 p.m. – Sector 3 – Kosciuszko Park
Those who attend these events will have the opportunity to interact with officers from many divisions and units of the WPD. This includes members of the K9 unit who will give demonstrations with their partners. There will also be representatives from the explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit, Crisis Management Tactical Team, Special Operations Division, Mobile Command Post, Traffic Unit, and Uniformed Services Division. In addition, members of the department’s recruitment team will offer information about career opportunities.
Information about resources and services available to those affected by crime and violence will be provided by members of the Victim Services Unit and Youth Response Unit. Parents will also be able to take free identification cards for their children.
Partner organizations that are participating in these events include:
- Wilmington Fire Department
- Wilmington Office of Emergency Management
- Group Violence Intervention
- United States Attorney’s Office
- Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- Delaware Department of Justice
- Delaware Department of Correction
- Delaware Crime Stoppers
- St. Francis Emergency Medical Services
- Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth, and their Families
The fun will include free food, including Grotto Pizza, as well as activities and giveaways.
For more information, visit here.