The Wilmington Awards recognize the accomplishments of Wilmingtonians who serve the city. Those who excel in fields such as athletics, arts, business, education, health, science, and more are recognized. Also, Wilmingtonians are awarded for heroism, community service, and human and civil rights activism.
The Access Wilmington Awards recognize those in the community who make outstanding contributions by creating opportunities for people with disabilities. Especially in accessibility to the arts, accessibility to resources, community involvement, and employment for the disabled.
Wilmington Award Eligibility is based on these criteria:
- Leadership in community-building
- Advocacy for educational excellence
- Selfless acts of courage and superior acts of bravery
- Furthering economic opportunity
- Promotion of social justice
- Advancing cultural awareness
- Involvement with music and the arts to promote greater understanding and acceptance
Access Wilmington Award Eligibility is based on excellence in these areas:
- Accessibility to the Arts
- Accessibility to Resources
- Community Involvement
- Employment/Business Ownership by and for the Disabled
Submit a nomination for either of these awards here by September 16, 2022.