Now more than ever Wilmingtonians are looking to get out and explore their booming city! That’s why we have made a list of some of our favorite new businesses and restaurants around Wilmington that you have got to check out. Whether you are looking for a quick bite to eat, a relaxing yoga class, an exciting night out, or some trendy new clothes, we have you covered!
1. Over the Border Tacos– (125 N Market Street) Your Taco Tuesday just got a makeover! Check out their authentic Mexican cuisine and welcoming environment downtown on Market.
- Staff Favorite: Chicken Enchiladas with mole and house sauce
2. Studio Nurture– (727 N Market St) Need a new way to unwind? Studio Nurture’s alternative & holistic health services include yoga, meditation, movement coaching, and thai body work. You’ll definitely find a way to melt your stress away.
- Staff Favorite: Thai Body Work Stretching and Compression
3. Wilma’s Duckpin Bowling– (902 N Market St) How about bowling with a little New Orleans flair? Wilma’s offers traditional duckpin bowling with a large dining menu including brunch, lunch and dinner in addition to beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Staff Favorite: Cajun BBQ Shrimp and Cajun Bloody Mary
4. Circa 7– (205 W 14th Street) You can feel confident wearing this brand because of the great cause it represents and the modern style. Circa 7 is a fashion brand spreading mental health awareness through clothing, events, and art.
- Staff Favorite: “The Mission Statement Hoodie”
5. Curve Nutrition– (113 W 8th St) Need a healthy pick-me-up? This plant-based vitamin and supplements store offers a wide variety of teas and drinks that will keep you energized all day long.
- Staff Favorite: Banana Pudding Drink with Grape Tea
6. DE Slider Co.- (204 W 10th Street) Sometimes great things come in small packages. This restaurant offers a unique dining experience and menu of many different sliders and sides all designed by Chef Will Johnson.
- Staff Favorite: Fat Mama Cheeseburger Sliders
7. The Sold Firm– (800 N Tatnall St) Come explore your creative side! Visit this intimately curated gallery featuring modern and contemporary visual artists. Find a piece to add to your home decor.
- Staff Favorite: Serena 3D by James Wyatt
8. ApeXX Bar & Grill– (921 Orange Street) Go big or go home at ApeXX! Come down to Orange Street for a large nightlife venue with frequent live music, dancing, drinks, and delicious food.
- Staff Favorite: Loaded Salmon Fries
9. Books and Bagels– (1139 W 7th Street) At B&B, you can support your community while you better yourself through literature. This local bookstore sells books and highlights local brands as a part of their mission to support Wilmington neighborhoods.
- Staff Favorite: “My Beautiful Black Hair” Author Meet & Brunch event
10. Sleeping Bird Coffee– (3111 Miller Rd) The early bird gets the worm, but in case you sleep in, this quaint neighborhood coffee shop is here for you! Sleeping Bird Coffee offers delicious coffees, teas, ciders, baked goods, sandwiches, and salads.
- Staff Favorite: Bluebird Sandwich and Honey Cinnamon Latte
11. Juice Joint– (323 Justison St) Want something delicious AND nutritious? This eco-friendly juice bar uses high quality fruit and vegetable juices to produce healthy beverages high in vitamins in minerals.
- Staff Favorite: Morning Parfait