Fall begins to transform the city of Wilmington as the leaves start turning shades of orange and the air grows crisp, yet there is still so much to do throughout the city! Here is our list of 10 festive fall attractions that you need to check out to embrace the season!
1. Exploring the Fall Foliage throughout Wilmington – Experience the bliss of fall around Wilmington; the beautiful colors and the crunch of the golden fallen leaves under your feet against a clear blue sky! Take a walk through one or all of Wilmington’s parks: Brandywine Park, Alapocas Run, or even Rockwood Park. There is no better place to experience fall foliage than in one of Wilmington’s charming parks!
2. Wagon Rides Bellevue State Park – Nothing screams fall more than a wagon ride! Head over to Bellevue State Park any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday now until November 6th to enjoy a leisurely ride around the grounds at Bellevue. Don’t forget to relax in front of the campfire when you’re done! Check out Bellevue State Park on Instagram.
3. Fall Arts and Crafts Fair – Need to spice up your home for the holiday season? Artzscape can help you out with their Fall Arts and Crafts Fair on Sunday October 10th from noon to 5pm! This is your chance to pick up fun art and crafts while having some food, drinks and networking. The first 25 people in line even get a free gift! Follow Artzscape on Instagram.
4. Vendemmia da Vinci Wine and Food Festival – Sample over 40 different types of wines from throughout Italy at the Vendemmia da Vinci Wine and Food Festival! Returning to Tubman-Garrett Park on the Riverfront, celebrate Italian culture, food, music and wine on October 11th! There will even be a silent auction and live entertainment, you won’t want to miss it!
5. Hagley Craft Fair – Explore the marketplace that will be at the Hagley property for all things wood, pottery, jewelry, fibers, metal, and other media on October 16th! As you are browsing through all the arts, crafts, and gourmet items from talented artists across the Mid-Atlantic area check out the specialty food market as well! Check out Hagley Museum and Library on Instagram.
6. Boo at the Zoo – Halloween is coming to the Brandywine Zoo yet again for Boo at the Zoo on October 22nd, 23rd, and 24th! Celebrate spooky season with the animals at the zoo, and be sure to wear a costume! There will be treats and activities as well as a treat bag for the kids at the end of the night! Follow them on Instagram.
7. Painting Fall Foliage Workshop at Delaware Art Museum – Bring the beautiful scenery of fall to life with your art skills! At this workshop on October 23rd you will concentrate on the color and texture of the fall landscape learning how to mix a fall palette and how to use sponging and spattering to recreate the textures of nature. Check out the Delaware Art Museum on Instagram.
8. Hagley Alfresco – There is one more chance to relish the Hagley Alfresco outdoor dining experience this fall! On October 28th take advantage of this dining experience featuring local restaurants and live music. Snag your tickets in advance so you can eat and drink at the last Alfresco! Follow Hagley Museum and Library on Instagram.
9. Halloween By Tonic – A spooktacular night is in your future thanks to Tonic Seafood and Steak! Halloween By Tonic features specialty cocktails, a costume contest, and music from DJ Andrew Hugh and 3-piece band The Vodka Moms! Mark your calendars for October 30th and follow Tonic on Instagram.
10. Wilmington Beer Week – You don’t need an excuse to drink a lot of beer this week! Celebrate Wilmington Beer Week this November 4th-9th throughout the city! There will be tap takeovers from some of your favorite breweries, beer trivia nights, restaurant events and more!