It’s finally March, and the weather is beginning to look up. So whether you’re getting ready to enjoy the warm weather out in the City or just staying in, you deserve to look and feel great! We’ve put together a list of our favorite salons in Wilmington, DE. Take a look:
1. Currie Hair, Skin, and Nails – A nationally-recognized full service salon, Currie is one of Wilmington’s best places to practice some self-love. Offering everything from hair treatments to hydrafacial(!) in their two Wilmington locations downtown and on the Riverfront, Currie never fails to impress. Follow them here (and check out more info about our Virtual Event, “It’s Time to Celebrate with Currie Salon” below!)
2. Babe Styling Studios – Beauty Above and Beyond Expectations: that’s the mentality Ebon Flagg had upon opening this top-tier facility. His customers swear by his work, and it’s easy to see why! Take a look at Babe Studios here.
3. Polished Salon for Natural Nails – This Trolley Square salon is one of the best places in the city to hit for a mani/pedi. They offer a range of services for women, men, and children, as well as gift cards. See their Facebook here.
4. Studio One Eleven – Studio One Eleven believes dudes need self care too! The only dedicated day spa and salon for men in Delaware, they offer a suite of premium treatments designed just for guys. Go check them out on Market Street and at their Facebook here.
5. Hawa African Hair Braiding – Open 7 days a week right off Market Street, Hawa is known for its braiding expertise. They have a great variety of designs to choose from, so go check out their incredible work on Facebook!
6. Salon 828 – This contemporary Salon located in Little Italy is newly-renovated and ready to serve! It’s a Wilmington favorite for hair cut-and-color, treatments, lash extensions, and a host of spa services. Check them out on Insta!
7. J Stanley Salon – For expert work on weaves and sew-in services, there’s few places better than J Stanley. Check out the beautiful examples of their work on Instagram, then go see them on 204 N Union St.!
8. Fabrizio – A modern Euro-style salon located in an 1890s Trolley Square townhouse, Fabrizio’s space is as cool as its staff are talented. It has a long list of offerings, its own line of beauty products, and specialty bridal packages. Follow their Instagram here!
9. The Length Bar – The Length Bar is an innovator in its space, priding itself on being a salon centered around the idea of Non-Toxic Luxury. This Black-owned shop sets its sights on an all-natural lifestyle, offering products that are not only healthy, but also ethically sourced and reusable! Check out their awesome page here.
10. Cielo Spa – A tried and true full service day spa located conveniently downtown! Cielo has a reputation for consistently great men’s and women’s treatments, plus a variety of packages and monthly specials. Take a look at their Instagram.
11. El Pueblo Dominican Hair Salon – Wilmingtonians love this Dominican hair salon. El Pueblo combines beautiful hair artistry with great prices and friendly staff.
12. All 4 One Barber Shop – if you’re looking for a traditional barbershop that promises a great cut every time, All 4 One on Market Street is a solid option. A Black-owned and operated business, customers always walk away happy and looking clean.
Know any other spots in Wilmington to practice some self-love? Let us know in the comments!