The Mill Talks: Public-Private Partnerships
Thursday, December 15th
5:30 – 7:00pm at Theatre N at Nemours
The second Mill Talks speaker series will discuss the importance of creative models of public-private partnerships in the city of Wilmington. Speakers include:
- Dr. Bryan Tracy – CEO, White Dog Labs. White Dog Labs, Inc. (WDL) is a biotechnology company. WDL invented a new class of fermentation technologies that will help enable the most sustainable biochemical and renewable fuel processes of tomorrow.
- Matthew Meyer – New Castle County Executive Elect. Matt has:
- Won awards for his Mathematics instruction.
- Worked as an attorney at a leading global law firm.
- Started two companies
- And volunteered to go to Iraq as a diplomat.
As a diplomat during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn, Matt worked with Americans and Iraqis to build a lasting peace in Mosul, embedded with the US military for one year.
- Jessica Gibson – Program Director, Women’s Business Center at First State Community Loan Fund (WBC). The mission of WBC is to act as the catalyst for providing in-depth, substantive, outcome-oriented business services to women entrepreneurs. The WBC provides intensive business training that includes courses on business plans, business financing, social media, and marketing analysis. In addition, the WBC will provide the opportunity for new women-owned businesses to be mentored by existing, successful women business owners.
Profits from The Mill Talks series go to support the upkeep and maintenance of The Mill Auditorium (Theatre N), the city of Wilmington’s only independent theater.
Subscribe to WilmToday’s Weekly Newsletter!
[contact-form-7 id=”2651″ title=”Subscribe to WilmToday’s Weekly Newsletter”]