As a part of our “It’s Time to G.O.A.T” series (Get Out Around Town!) with InWilm and Out & About, we are featuring your guide to fun activities in different neighborhoods in Wilmington!
Parking is NO PROBLEM!
Downtown’s best kept secret is how easy it is to park…FOR FREE! Take advantage of these options!
1. Wilmington Parking Authority Lot – Located at 8th & Orange Streets parking is free and open to the public after 6 PM during the week and all day on the weekends!
2. Lot 4 on the Southwest Corner of 2nd & Shipley Streets – Del-Tech is providing free parking to support Lower Market Street businesses through June 30, 2021.
3. Downtown Residents Discounted Rates – Downtown residents may park in any of the following Colonial Parking lots for a discounted rate. Located at 5th & Orange Street, 6th & Orange Street and 7th & Orange Street they are offering a discounted rate for $50/month on the surface lots plus a $25/month rate at the 8th & West Street lot. Check out the website for more information!
It’s Time to Eat!
1.Curbside Wilmington Outdoor Dining Program – Dine outside at your favorite restaurants and enjoy extended outdoor dining through September and possibly October! There will be live music once a week outside 1-2 locations downtown, scheduled by Gable Music. Come down to the 400 and 800 blocks of Market Street to eat good and check out the website for more information.
2. Downtown Farmers Market in Rodney Square – It doesn’t matter if it’s raining or the sun is shining, the Downtown Farmer’s Market will operate every Wednesday! Running from June 3 through October 27 from 10am to 2pm, be sure to head over to the Downtown Farmers Market.
3. Makers Alley – Experience Delaware Today Magazine’s “Hippest City Hangout of 2020” and go to Makers Alley. This indoor-outdoor restaurant and beer garden is fit for all ages with games for not only children, but adults as well. They also have live music, so make sure you go to their website to see the schedule and check out their Instagram!
4. Farmer & The Cow – Nothing beats a burger and a shake! The Farmer & The Cow is the place to get handcrafted burgers with a modern twist. They even have a bar, so grab a drink while you are there too! Take a look at their Instagram to see what they have to offer!
5. Merchant Bar – The Merchant Bar is ready to give you a unique bar and dining experience this summer! Their elevated gastrobar infuses a chef-driven menu with original handcrafted cocktails that is perfect for intimate dining or a larger group. Head over to their Instagram to see their pop up weekly hours.
6. Bardea – Bardea, an Italian term for the goddess of food and drink, is a dine in and full service carry out restaurant that is sure to leave you wanting more! Bardea utilizes ingredients from local Delaware Valley farms and purveyors to create meals that look too pretty to eat! Check out their Instagram page!
7. Le Cavalier – If you are craving French cuisine, Le Cavalier is calling your name. They serve French classics and every Wednesday wine is 50% off! Be sure to look at their website for events like the SIW Vegetable Dinner on June 30 where Le Cavalier will be popping up at the SIW Vegetable Farm in Chadds Ford. Take a look at their Instagram page too.
8. Dorcea – Treat yourself, grab your friends and go to Dorcea! This American Bistro has many food offerings that make your mouth water and stomach growl. They also have a TON of local beers on tap, so it’s the perfect place for a night out. Be sure to check out their Instagram too.
9. Chelsea Tavern – If you like cigars, then this is the event for you. Chelsea Tavern has cigar dinners once a month on a Thursday at 6pm. They have 3 premium smokes, a top shelf bar and a 4 course menu throughout the night! Be sure to stop at the Chelsea tavern to experience the cigar dinner on 7/23, 8/20, 9/24 and go to their Instagram.
10. Wilma’s – Opening this summer as a “mini” Dave and Buster’s Wilma’s will have a duckpin bowling alley and mini arcade! Duckpin uses solid 3-pound balls that are the size of a softball and allows players three rolls per frame rather than two to knock down 10 smaller pins. Get excited for the fun and be sure to head over to their Instagram.
It’s Time to Play!
1. The Drumming Circle – Every Tuesday you can join the SsAM Drumming Circle at the Rock Lot! Located on 8th between West and Tatnall make sure you bring a chair or blanket to sit on the grass. Weather permitting, check out their website for more information.
2. Theatre N – Watch a movie under the stars with your family and friends! Theatre N is hosting outdoor movies in Nemours Plaza this summer! Head over to their website and Instagram for more information!
3. The Queen/Knight’s Bar – The Knight’s Bar is the newest addition to The Queen! The Knight’s Bar is an open air patio bar featuring a performance area where local Wilmingtonian artists play every night Wednesday through Saturday! All of the shows are FREE, so be sure to check out Nadj and Jea on June 21, Khayden on June 23, Sometime Why on June 24, Madhouse on June 25 and many more on their website and Instagram!
4. The Grand Opera House – The Summer Lawn series is your chance to get your concert fix in a socially distanced, safe way! Sit in a “pod” with your friends and bring your own blankets for this night of fun! Also, after 450 days of being closed to the public there will be INDOOR performances starting June 22! Go over to their website and Instagram for more Information.
5. Spaceboy Clothing – Spaceboy Clothing is the place for all things custom apparel printing! They do everything from screen printing, direct to garment, heat transfers, custom tags, and so much more! Head over to their website to see their hand printed graphic tees, vintage clothing, and more available for purchase! Check out their Instagram too!
6. The Sold Firm – Featuring modern and contemporary emerging talented artists, The Sold Firm is an intimately curated art gallery that you need to check out! You don’t want to miss out on the Summer SOCO Art Market presented by The Sold Firm and Wilmington Alliance. There will be music, food and many vendors June 26 from 2pm – 5. Take a look at their Instagram too!
7. LaFate Gallery – Spend a day at LaFate Gallery! It’s a Folk Art Gallery and is the only one of its kind in the state of Delaware! They are having a LaFate Gallery Art of Charity Benefit Art Sale, so be sure to explore their website to see some of the pieces that are for purchase and take a look at their Instagram.
8. ArtzScape – Whether it’s plays, music, comedy, poetry, an art gallery or social space ArtzScape has it all! ArtzScape is an innovative performance and event space that is Black Owned and Operated! They have many upcoming events such as pop up shops at Small Business Sundays, Mom Mom and me Paint and Sip, and The Stars Are Closer Visual Artist Showcase. Head over to their website for more information.
9. The Wilmington Public Library – The Wilmington Public Library has many events coming up, so be sure to check them out! Get excited because they have events for everyone, including the WCTV Live: Cookin’ Books on June 21 and Outdoor Tails and Tales Storytime: Squirrels and Chipmunks for the kids! See their website and Instagram for more details on upcoming events!