As a part of our “It’s Time to G.O.A.T” series (Get Out Around Town!) with InWilm, Out & About, and Gable Music Ventures, we are featuring your guide to fun activities in different neighborhoods in Wilmington! This week we are breaking down the West Side!
The West Side (which we combined with Trolley Square!) has something for everyone and is home to many different restaurants, local shops, and parks that should be on your summer to-do list! And for your night out, be sure to explore Trolley Square! There’s something for everyone here!
It’s Time to Eat and Drink
1.Dining on Delaware Ave – Eat and drink under the sun at Dining on Delaware Ave! From 6 – 9pm every Friday and Saturday on Clayton and N. DuPont Streets and N. DuPont and N. Scott Streets, stop by to support your local restaurants! Head over to their website to see which restaurants are participating!
2. West Side Wednesday – Get ready to shop, dine and play at West Side Wednesday! Every Wednesday NOW until September 30 shop small and eat good all across the West Side! Check out their website to see the participating businesses!
3. Frank’s Wine & Charity Event – Food trucks, live music AND drinks all to support local charities… nothing’s better than that! “Tasting on the Patio” is an event you won’t want to miss. Head over to their website to see the dates and charities they will be supporting! And don’t forget to check out their Instagram.
4. Logan House – The oldest Irish bar in Delaware and the oldest continuous family-owned Irish bar in the country needs to be on your must-do list in Trolley Square! Logan House offers tavern, dining and banquet facilities, and live entertainment! Head over to their Instagram page!
5. Hummingbird to Mars – We want to let you in on Delaware’s best kept secret! Hummingbird to Mars is a speakeasy with elegant handcrafted cocktails, fine wine, old school beer and nightly entertainment. Travel back in time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 5pm – 1am, and take a look at their Instagram too!
6. Anejo – It doesn’t need to be Taco Tuesday to give you an excuse to go to Anejo! This Mexican grill and tequila bar always hits the spot with their expensive tequila list and delicious authentic Mexican food! Explore their Instagram!
7. Kozy Korner – Named Food Networks Top Delaware Diner in their “50 States of Diners” article stop by Kozy Korner whenever you’re hungry! This 100 year old diner has something for everyone, so make sure to give them a visit! See all the delicious food options they have to offer on their Instagram!
8. Ciro Forty Acres – Grabbing brunch with friends is one of the best parts of the day! Ciro Forty Acres offers a mouthwatering breakfast, brunch, and lunch that will leave you coming back for more. Head over to their Instagram to take a look at their food options.
9. Columbus Inn – With an outstanding reputation for over 60 years you can count on the Columbus Inn to give you the best dining experience! They offer a contemporary American cuisine as well as brunch and happy hour! Go have a look at their Instagram.
10. Comegy’s – Whether it is Friday night or Sunday afternoon, Comegy’s is always a party! Head over to this Dive Bar to drink with friends and have a great time! Check out their Instagram too!
11. Dominican Cafe – You know the Dominican Cafe is good because there is always a line! Dominican cuisine and breakfast all day, what more could you ask for?! 21 years of making flavorful meals and still going strong! See what they have to offer on their Instagram!
12. Ristorante Attilio – Italian food is always a good idea! Ristorante Attilio is a family owned and operated restaurant serving the community for more than 30 years! Their traditional Italian cuisine won’t disappoint and they also offer take out orders. Go explore their Instagram!
It’s Time to Play!
1.Alapocas Run Park – Looking for a chance to escape the indoors? Get outside at Alapocas Run Park! There are 191 acres for all your hiking, rock climbing and bike riding needs! Adventure awaits, explore the Alapocas Woods and Blue Granite Cliffs all at Alapocas Run Park. Go have a look at their Instagram too!
2. Brandywine Park – Running along both sides of the Brandywine river, Brandywine Park is perfect for a walk, jog, or picnic lunch! Admire the beauty of this picture perfect park and be sure to look out for the park’s monuments and gardens!
3. Small Business Saturdays at Milk & Honey – EVERY Saturday from 9am – 1pm you don’t want to miss Small Business Saturday! Milk & Honey, located at 807 N. Union Street, is a coffeehouse, art gallery, and event space! Be sure to head over there on Saturdays! Check out Milk & Honey’s Instagram!
4. Fitness in the Park – Get your sweat on at Fitness in the Park every night beginning at 6:30pm! They offer covid-friendly core, cardio, HITT, and resistance workouts so make sure to bring a yoga mat or towel! Check out the dates to see when they will be in West Side Parks!
5. Egungun Festival – Join the celebration at the 2nd Annual Beyond Juneteenth Egungun Festival on June 19th! Recognize Juneteenth and commemorate the freedom of enslaved people in the United States. There will even be food trucks, arts and craft vendors and more!
6. From Survival to Recovery – Photography Exhibitions – The pandemic was hard on so many businesses, so every Thursday evening at The Launchpad there will be a photography exhibition featuring Wilmington’s small businesses. Businesses are being showcased for their strength and determination throughout the pandemic.
7. House of Laffs – Laugh until you cry at House of Laffs! It’s Wilmington’s premier comedy lounge and event center and definitely should be your summer bucket list! Check out their website for more information on their upcoming events and their Instagram!
8. Open Streets on Union Street July 17th – Take a stroll down the streets, which are closed to motor vehicles, with your family and friends! Walk, bike, and visit local businesses to fulfill all your shopping and dining needs on July 17!
9. West Side Movie Series – Grab a blanket or chair and enjoy a free family friendly outdoor movie series! West Side Movies in the Park will be coming to Connell St, 4th and Rodney, Woodlawn, Father Tucker, Cool Spring, Judy Johnson, and Tilton Parks this summer! Dates TBD!