We KNOW you’ve seen the info about The Wilmington Cocktail Contest we’re putting on with Aviation Gin (who happens to be co-owned by my celebrity crush, Ryan Reynolds!) As a former bartender, it felt fitting for me to take a stab at it! Check out my Facebook Live from last night!
Want to know how to make MY Wilmington? Here is the recipe:
- 2 oz. Aviation gin (or MORE, depending on how your day went!)
- 2-3 dashes Blood Orange bitters
- 1 orange (fresh squeezed and for garnish)
- Club soda
- Combine Aviation gin, bitters, and fresh squeezed orange juice in a shaker tin with ice.
- Strain over ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with orange wheel.
It’s that easy! Want more info on how to enter YOUR OWN recipe? Check out the rules below and be sure to enter your cocktail recipes by Sunday, December 20th at 10PM EST.
It’s Time has partnered with Aviation (you know, RYAN REYNOLDS’ gin company?!) to create the first ever signature cocktail for the City of Wilmington. We’re seeking bartenders, mixologists and your everyday cocktail connoisseurs to come up with the recipe for #TheWilmington.
How to Enter:
- Create one of the following:
- A video of yourself making the drink cocktail posted to your social media.
- A photo of the finished cocktail and a written recipe posted to your social media.
- Tag @itstimewilmde and use the hashtag #ItsTimeWilmDE.
- You can also email your entries to email@example.com
- Recipe must use 4 or less ingredients, including Aviation Gin (garnish not included).
- Extra points for using an ingredient native to Delaware.
- All ingredients must be readily available in any standard bar setting (no Moroccan vanilla beans flown in from Morocco).
- You don’t have to be a professional bartender or mixologist to enter the contest or live within the city of Wilmington.
The winner will be featured in a national press release announcing The Wilmington, showcased on social media and receive an invitation to the dedication ceremony on Jan 14th at Le Cavalier from 3:30-5:00PM, where they will create the cocktail with the team from Aviation!