Mother’s Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning! Wilmington offers a huge variety of fun, elegant, and creative options for celebrating Mom. Take a look at our list of the best ways to spend Mother’s Day in Wilmington (in no particular order!)
1. Boyd’s Flowers – It’s in the motto: “Famous for fine flowers.” Boyd’s has a long history of supplying flowers for all occasions in Wimington, and there’s a reason they’ve lasted over 100 years in our city! This year’s Mother’s Day collection looks spectacular, too.
2. La Fia – Brunch on one of Market Street’s finest sounds lovely, doesn’t it? A 3-course prix fixe menu of La Fia’s finest dishes is guaranteed to please you, Mom, and the whole family.
3. Le Cavalier – Located in the heart of downtown Wilmington, no restaurant quite embodies the city’s fine cuisine scene like Le Cav… so it’s no surprise that their Mother’s Day brunch and supper menu is nothing short of incredible.
4. Columbus Inn – Whether you prefer to eat there or bring home, the Inn is more than ready to serve on Mother’s Day. Their brunch and dinner menus make it easy to get the best experience possible with family-style dine-in and takeout packages available. Make sure to reserve in advance!
5. Midwinter Co. – For a truly special Mother’s Day gift, this unique jewelry shop always has the perfect gift. And if they don’t have it, they’ll make it custom for you! Go check out their site to see some of their absolutely gorgeous work.
6. Trolley Square Oyster House – Synonymous with seafood in Wilmington, TSOH is perfect for brunch or dinner on Mother’s Day. Seriously, you have to try their Broiled Maryland Crab Cakes, or throw it back with one of their Oyster Shooters! Watch our video where we learned how to shuck an oyster here.
7. Chelsea Tavern – Chelsea is doing something special for Mother’s Day! Not only are they celebrating with brunch and dinner all weekend long, but they’re giving out $25 gift cards to every mom in attendance! (and it goes without saying the food is killer, too) Watch the video we did of their Burger Challenge here.
8. Salon by Dominic – Starting May 1 until Mother’s Day, all products at this award-winning salon are 30% off! Pick up one of their high-end products at a huge discount or a gift card as an awesome present for Mom!
9. Trudy – The coolest boutique in town is an awesome place to get a pretty little present. Browse their stylish designer clothes, accessories, and home goods and get inspired!
10. Tonic – A traditional seafood and steak brunch is always a great idea, especially on Mother’s Day. Beautifully prepared plates will be accompanied by perfectly executed cocktails at this hip downtown eatery.
11. Dorcea – As one of the best places in town to get an incredible American bistro dinner, Dorcea always promises an awesome meal, complemented by a great selection of drinks and desserts.
12. The Cute in Charcuterie Co. – Your Mother’s Day at home is BEGGING for a professionally-crafted charcuterie board! Opened last year, the Cute in Charcuterie Co. has been an instant success, and for good reason.
13. The Queen – The Queen’s Drag Diva Brunch at The Queen is poised to be a hit this year! General Admission will get you a choice of an entree and one mimosa, and GLAMAZONE VIP tables get upgraded to seats close to the runway and the Ultimate Diva Cocktail!
14. Mrs. Robino’s – Feeling like going big for Mother’s Day weekend? Mrs. Robino’s is a great choice for the family that takes their Italian food seriously. They’re Zagat rated and have won both Best of Delaware and the News Journals Reader’s choice awards!
15. Currie Hair, Skin, and Nails – When it comes to beauty, it only makes sense that Mom deserves the best. That’s why a spa day or gift card from Currie makes for an awesome gift. Their new state-of-the-art space in the duPont Building or beautiful Riverfront location are the some of the nicest salons and spas around. Watch the video tour we did of their duPont location here.
16. Big Fish Grill – Big Fish is offering fully-prepared Mother’s Day crab cake or salmon carry-out family dinners! Additionally, their delicious individual meals include lobster, filet mignon, and salmon.