If you are visiting Wilmington, DE and are new to the scene, then you came to the right place! This is your guide to the “must do’s” while you are here for the weekend!
Where to Stay:
1. Hotel Du Pont – The Hotel Du Pont is an internationally renowned hotel located in the heart of Wilmington. This luxury hotel is perfect for your stay in Wilmington and is only a short walk away from attractions such as The Grand Opera House. Click here to book your stay. Take a look at their Instagram page.
2. DoubleTree – Located in Downtown Wilmington the DoubleTree by Hilton is another great place to stay during your time in Wilmington. It is in the Legal Distract and in close proximity to restaurants, Grand Opera House and more! Book your stay here.
3. The Westin – If you stay at The Westin you will be steps from the Riverfront near Chase Center. The Westin by Marriott is an upscale hotel that is sure to give you a nice relaxing stay. Click here to book your stay.
4. Homewood Suites – If you like the Riverfront, then Homewood Suites is the place for you. Homewood Suites has many amenities including a self serve breakfast every morning from 6AM to 9:30 AM on weekdays and 7AM to 10AM on the weekends. Check out their Instagram.
5. Hyatt Place – Near the Riverfront, shops and restaurants Hyatt Place is a great place to stay if seeing attractions is something you want to do while in Wilmington! There are many amenities including digital check in! Take a look at their Instagram.
Where to Eat:
1. Big Fish Grill – Grab a bite to eat right on the Riverfront at Big FIsh Grill! They have fresh creative seafood dishes and a fun and lively atmosphere. They even have happy hour every Monday through Friday! Check out their Instagram!
2. Iron Hill Brewery – At Iron Hill brewery you can get beer that’s brewed ten feet from your table! On top of all their beer options they have a delicious diverse food menu that’s sure to satisfy any craving! Follow them on Instagram.
3. Le Cavalier – Inside the Hotel Du Pont is Le Cavalier, a fine dining restaurant that you need to explore if you’re feeling fancy! Le Cavalier offers French classics paired with natural wines. Take a look at their Instagram!
4. Bardea – Check out this innovative Italian restaurant that uses ingredients from local Delaware Valley farms! Bardea always hits the spot with their reimagined interpretations of Italian cuisine. Check out their Instagram.
5. Trolley Square Oyster House – Trolley Square Oyster House should definitely be on your to do list! This casual seafood eatery offers the freshest seafood, a classic raw bar, west coast oysters and live entertainment! Head over to their Instagram.
Where to Drink:
1. Docklands – Looking for a fun night out? Docklands offers a wide assortment of entrees and happy hour specials all week and they are now open until 1 am Fridays and Saturdays offering live music all night long! Check out their Instagram to see who’s playing!
3. Torbert Street – Located in the heart of the Financial District where once was one of Delaware’s historic stables built in 1887 is Torbert Street! Drink the finest spirits and cocktails in their sophisticated cocktail lounge and patio! Take a look at their Instagram page.
4. Constitution Yards – This seasonal beer garden offers handcrafted BBQ, craft beers, seasonal speciality cocktails and wine! Not only do they have food but they have live music, sports on the big screen and axe throwing! Check them out on Instagram.
What to Do:
1. Hang on the Riverfront – Industrial wasteland turned thriving, fun destination is the Wilmington Riverfront! Along with the scenic view of the Christiana River there are many recreational, cultural, retail and culinary attractions for you to explore, including axe throwing at Constitution Yards!. Head over to their Instagram.
2. Grand Opera House – The Grand Opera House has been entertaining people in the city of Wilmington for over 140 years! They have many performances a year at this venue and offer some of the best entertainment in the city! Check out their Instagram to see what’s coming.
3. The Queen Theatre – The Queen was originally built in the 1800s and was repurposed over the years until they reopened their doors in 2011! One of the most historic buildings and theatres in Wilmington there is always a show playing. Click here to see the upcoming shows on their Instagram.
4. Brandywine Zoo – If you love animals then you should check out the Brandywine Zoo! It is located along the Brandywine River and features animals from the tropical and temperate areas of North and South America, Asia and Africa. They have all kinds of animals from common species to endangered. Head over to their Instagram to see all the cute animals.
5. Kalmar Nyckel tour – Take a tour of the Kalmar Nyckel, a ship that replicates the cultural heritage of Delaware and its ties to Sweden and Finland that started in 1638. Explore the history and go back in time on this ship and take a look at their Instagram too.
6. Delaware History Museum – Open to all ages the Delaware History Museum features a rotating display of exhibits highlighting the state’s history! Located in Market Street be sure to check it out and follow them on Instagram.
7. Christina Cultural Arts Center– Visit the Christina Cultural Arts Center to see anything from gallery exhibitions to live performances! Their mission is to change the trajectory of a child’s life by making these events accessible to all! Be sure to take a look at their Instagram!
8. Drive out to Longwood Gardens – Located close to Wilmington is the beautiful Longwood Gardens! It is one of the world’s largest gardens and is filled with intricate fountains and meticulous gardens. Make sure this is on your to do list during your visit to Wilmington and check out their Instagram.