Tis the season for ghostly frights and scary sights! Wilmington has a frightful amount of fun brewing for you this Halloween. We created a list of twelve attractions in the greater Wilmington area to make this your most spooktacular Halloween yet!
1. The Sold Firm Curbside Happy Hour and Costume Party – Put on your costume for a night full of music by DJ Hermy Potter, Stix Chicken, craft cocktails, and more! The Sold Firm is having a Big Afrobeats and Costume Party on October 28th at 5:30pm! Be there for a hauntingly fun night and follow The Sold Firm on Instagram.
2. Halloween By Tonic – A spooktacular night calling your name at Tonic Seafood and Steak! Halloween By Tonic features specialty cocktails, a costume contest, and music from DJ Andrew Hugh and 3-piece band The Vodka Moms! Mark your calendars for October 30th and follow Tonic on Instagram.
3. Halloween at Hagley – Trick or treat at Hagley this Halloween! On October 30th, children are invited to trick or treat at stations throughout the beautiful grounds of Hagley’s garden. There will also be Halloween-themed activities to participate in! Make sure to follow Hagley Museum on Instagram.
4. Boo at the Zoo – Halloween is here at the Brandywine Zoo for Boo at the Zoo on October 22nd, 23rd, and 24th! Celebrate spooky season with the animals at the zoo, and be sure to wear a costume! There will be treats and activities as well as a treat bag for the kids at the end of the night! Follow them on Instagram.
5. Wilmington Hayride & Bonfire at Bellevue – Hop on the Hayride for some Halloween fun! Head over to Bellevue State Park on October 23 to enjoy a long hayride around the grounds at Bellevue. After that sit in front of the bonfire when you’re done! Check out Bellevue State Park on Instagram.
6. Mom Mom and Me Paint & Sip Halloween Edition at Artzscape – Get your painting skills ready for Artzscape’s Mom Mom and Me Paint & Sip! Enjoy their Halloween edition of the event you know and love on October 31 at 2pm! Follow Artzscape on Instagram.
7. Chadds Ford Winery Adult Trick or Treating – Who said you are too old to trick or treat?! Certainly not us! Chadds Ford Winery has Adult Trick or Treating Saturdays and Sundays throughout the month of October! There will be food trucks and Halloween themed snack and drink stations. Check out Chadds Ford Winery on Instagram.
8. Bear Drive In Spooky Movies – It’s not Halloween without some spooky movies and you can catch them at the Bear Drive In! Enjoy the thrills and scares of Halloween movies in the dark from the comfort of your car. Check out their website for the movie schedule and be sure to follow them on Instagram!
9. Rockwood’s Paranormal Experience – Explore the haunted Rockwood Mansion to hunt for paranormal activity! Investigate the mansion using sophisticated paranormal equipment to find anything mysterious going on within the walls of the mansion. Check out Rockwood Park on Instagram.
10. Halloween Ghost Ship at Kalmar Nyckel Shipyard – Climb aboard the Kalmar Nyckel this Halloween, but beware of the ghosts you may encounter! Tour the Kalmar Nyckel, make Halloween crafts, and take a Halloween tour of the Copeland Maritime Center on October 23! Be sure to follow them on Instagram.
11. Mahogany’s Halloween Costume Ball – Run don’t walk to House of Laffs for Mahogany’s Halloween Costume Ball! You don’t want to miss the amazing performances and the chance to win best costume! Tickets are going fast so make sure to get yours soon and follow House of Laffs on Instagram.
12. Bellevue Hall Paranormal Tour at Bellevue State Park – Sneak over to Bellevue State Park if you dare for a Paranormal Tour! Bellevue Hall has 200 years of spooks and scares lurking in the shadows. Diamond State Ghost Investigators are unveiling the haunts of Bellevue Hall with you. Check out Bellevue State Park on Instagram.