Need some ideas to celebrate the father figure in your life this year? We have everything you need to show Dad how much he means to you in Wilmington, Delaware!
1. Wilmington Brew Works (3129 Miller Road)- Does Dad like to get down with a good brew? Housed in a 100-year old former laboratory in the old 9th Ward, WBW is known for being “Playfully Pretentious, Easily Enjoyed.” Stop by with Dad (and order a pizza from Pizzeria Metro next door!) or swing through ahead of time to bring their unique brings to Dad.
2. Iron Hill Brewery (620 Justison Street)-A Delaware treasure, Iron Hill’s original brewing location in Newark led to the opening of their Wilmington location on the Riverfront. They’ve since exploded on the beer scene with sites in New Jersey, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Georgia. Bring dad home a growler or meet up for a good meal and a few brews!
3. Sikar Lounge (1624 Delaware Ave.)- Does Dad like a good stogey? Sikar Lounge in the heart of Trolley Square is “A great place to hang with fellas, burn one down and have a premium top shelf scotch! Not to mention Corey is a cigar connoisseur legend!” according to patron Leroy Bryant.
4. Chelsea Tavern (821 N. Market Street)- Choose from over 33 pints at this Market Street staple, located directly across from the Grand! Take Dad here for a beer and a meal, or get him a ticket to one of their “Smokin’ Joe’s Cigars Under the Stars” events complete with an open bar, cigars, and pre fixed menu. Get more info by clicking here.
1.Take a Hike! Wilmington has countless parks for you to go for a leisurely stroll or get some serious miles in by connecting them all together!
- View our full list by clicking here, read below for a few of our favorites.
- Alapocas Run State Park (1914 W. Park Dr.)- The smooth pavement here does feature some hills, so wear good footwear if you’re going to get out here! Also check out their climbing routes on the blue granite rock right along the Brandywine River.
- Rockford Park (Tower Drive)- This park offers tennis courts, paths, wooded areas and off leash dog park, in addition to events like the Flower Show, and pop ups from small businesses. The 100 year old Rockford Tower is an iconic landmark that opens up to beautiful views (when it’s open).
- Brandywine Park (1080 N. Park Dr.)- Another great place to get out and get active! This park features the Jasper Crane Rose Garden, Sugar Bowl, Swinging Bridge, Brandywine Zoo, and Vietnam Memorial.
- H. Fletcher Brown Park(S. Park Dr. and N. King St.)- Great for lunch or a quiet moment for a chat with Dad.
3. Rock Manor Golf Course (1319 Carruthers Lane)- Get out on the course and play a few holes at Rock Manor! The course is 18-holes totalling 6,405-yards where you can enjoy a well deserved drink or meal at “On The Rocks” afterwards.
Give a gift!
1.Al’s Sporting Goods (200 N. Market St.)– This historic sports store is known for its ample selection of rare and hard-to-find apparel and equipment. Stop in to get Dad a jersey or new pair of kicks!
2. Tickets to a show – Does Dad love music? Get him tickets for the next big act coming to Wilmington!
- View our list of venues below:
- The Queen (500 N. Market St.)- Royalty awaits you here at The Queen! They do everything from booking national acts, to hosting local musicians in their “Knight’s Bar” Hall, to a Drag Brunch pretty much every Saturday!
- The Grand Opera House (818 N. Market St.)- 140 years of history await you at The Grand, which hosts 120 performances every year between their three venues! They are debuting their schedule this coming Tuesday, June. 22nd, so check back for performances you and Dad can bond over!
- House of Laffs (1206 N. Union St.)- Wilmington’s newest comedy club and event center is the perfect place for the Dad that likes to crack a joke or two. We also love that you can grab dinner here as you’re watching the show.
3. All 4 One Barber Shop (403 N. Market St.)– if you’re looking for a traditional barbershop that promises a great cut every time, All 4 One on Market Street is a solid option. A Black-owned and operated business, Dad will walk away happy and looking clean.
4. SpaceBoy Clothing (706 N. Market St.)- Known for their eclectic threads, you’ll always find something one of a kind at SpaceBoy Clothing. Or, design your own hoodie, shirt, or other apparel for a personalized Father’s Day gift he will love to wear.