Little moments, big memories! Wilmington, DE is a family-friendly destination with activities available for all ages! Create memories your little ones will never forget and check out all the family fun Wilmington has to offer.
Where to Explore:
1. Brandywine Zoo – Everyone loves cute animals! The Brandywine Zoo is the perfect place to bring your family on a sunny afternoon! They even have events for children all year round like their Winter Nature Explorers! Follow them on Instagram.
2. Brandywine Park – After you visit the zoo, stroll through the scenic nature of Brandywine Park! It is a 178-acre park filled with wooded trails, formal gardens, sculpture, architecture, and more. It could also be the perfect spot for a family picnic!
3. Wilmington & Western Railroad – Sit back, relax and take a train through 10 miles of beautiful scenery! Hop onto an antique steam locomotive with your family and enjoy the ride! Get your tickets by clicking here!
4. DuPont Environmental Education Center – Head over to the Dupont Environmental Education Center which showcases many species of amphibians, birds, mammals, fish, reptiles, and native plants. The perfect place for your children to have fun and learn! Check out their Instagram
5. Riverwalk Mini Golf (when it’s open in the Spring!) – Grab your family and get ready to putt! Riverwalk Mini Golf will reopen in the Spring, but it’s never too early to plan a visit. While you are there, visit The Ice Cream Shack on the course!
6. Constitution Yards with Axe Throwing – This one is for the older kids! You can get the thrilling chance to throw real axes at targets at Constitution Yards! All minors aged 14-17 must have a parent/guardian present while throwing. Follow them on Instagram.
7. Winterthur – Explore the grounds of Winterthur with your family! Walk through the house and garden, world-class exhibitions, Enchanted Woods, and more. You can also bring a picnic or purchase sandwiches, sweet treats, and more from the Pavilion Cafe. Check them out on Instagram.
8. Delaware Children’s Museum – The Delaware Children’s Museum is the perfect spot for the little ones! There are many fun hands-on activities that are also educational! Your kids will have a blast playing here! Check out their Instagram!
9. Hagley Museum – Hagley is another great place to explore! There are unique exhibitions such the power yard, duPont Home and Gardens, the Crowninshield Gardens, and more! Look into an example of early American industry at Hagley, and follow them on Instagram.
10. Delaware Children’s Theatre – Kids love a good show, so bring them to DCT! This theater where they have been entertaining families for forty years, puts on some of your kids favorite shows. Head over to their Instagram for more information!
11. Blue Rocks at Frawley Stadium – Take your family out to a ball game! The Wilmington Blue Rocks games are family friendly and definitely an exciting activity. Don’t forget to be on the lookout for Mr. Celery! Check them out on Instagram.
12. Bellevue State Park – Bellevue State Park is the perfect spot if you are looking to have a catch with a baseball or walk through the park! They even have activities specific for the young ones like: Little Adventures and Junior Adventures. Follow them on Instagram.
13. LaFate Art Gallery – For all your artistic kids, bring them to LaFate Art Gallery! Located on North Market Street, the gallery has kids art classes and camps for your kids to enjoy! Head over to their Instagram.
14. Rockwood Park & Museum – The Rockwood Park & Museum has a plethora of fun events that will have you bonding with your kids in no time! Some of our favorites include Kids & Family Yoga, Tiny Trails Toddler Fun, and more! Be sure to check out their Instagram to stay up to date on upcoming events!
Yummy Treats After a Day of Fun:
1. Charcoal Pit – The perfect treat after a long day of activities is a milkshake and fries! The Charcoal Pit has been serving delicious food and famous ice cream creations since 1956. Check them out and follow them on Instagram.
2. Sweet Lucy’s Ice Cream & Treats – No matter how old you get ice cream is always the perfect way to end a day! Visit Sweet Lucy’s Ice Cream and Treats to enjoy sundaes, floats, soft serve and more! Follow them on Instagram.
3. Riverfront Bakery – The pastries at Riverfront Bakery are so delicious, everyone will love them! In their open kitchen you can watch the baker making fresh pastries as the smell of the pastries fill the air. Their Instagram looks delicious, check it out!
4. Sleeping Bird Coffee – On those cold days, warm the family up with some hot chocolate! Sleeping Bird Coffee is a great spot to grab a cup, and they even have a kids size option for $2! Follow them on Instagram.
5. Sweet Somethings Bakery – Cupcakes, cookies, pies, cake… Sweet Somethings Bakery has it all! If you have kids who can’t decide on one thing, have a little bit of everything! Check them out on Instagram to see what they have to offer!