If there’s one thing Wilmingtonians can agree on, it’s that our city goes all in for brunch. There’s a zillion places to get your brunch fix in on a lazy weekend, but these are some of the best. Here’s a list of our 12 favorite places for brunch in Wilmington, DE!
1. Chelsea Tavern – Every Wilmingtonian knows Chelsea Tavern, and that’s for good reason. Their brunch menu lives up to this restaurant’s reputation, with a mouthwatering lineup of items and drinks.
Our favorite order: Bananas foster stuffed French toast with the MANmosa
2. Kid Shelleen’s – This unique saloon has a cool atmosphere and a huge brunch menu. Each item in this massive selection of food and drinks comes with their famous sticky buns, too!
Our favorite order: Eggs Chesapeake with Kid’s Signature Bloody Mary
3. Santa Fe Mexican Grill – An award-winning Mexican restaurant with a super creative brunch menu? Count us in. Santa Fe goes all in for brunch on the weekends and is guaranteed to please.
Our favorite order: Santa Fe chilaquiles with steak and a mimosa
4. Ciro Forty Acres – Fan of brunch during the week? Ciro is open for brunch from 8am-3pm Tuesday through Sunday. Their menu is an incredible list of chef-prepared meals that pair perfectly with artisan coffee.
Our favorite order: Frittata with French press coffee
5. Columbus Inn – Sundays at the Inn are a hit every time, as their surf n turf-inspired brunch menu is AMAZING. They’ve taken morning standards and made them their own; take a look!
Our favorite order: Smoked brisket hash with bottomless La Colombe coffee
6. Trolley Square Oyster House – This Wilmington go-to is a must for brunch. They combine breakfast classics with seafood lunches, and tied it all together with a great selection of boozes.
Our favorite order: Bacon, egg and cheese burger with TSOH Sangria
7. Goober’s Diner – Seen the beautiful new diner that went up on the corner of Lincoln and Pennsylvania? That’s Goober’s, and there’s no doubt its all-day breakfast and lunch menu is worth the hype. Stop in and welcome it to the neighborhood!
Our favorite order: Hotcakes (an undeniable staple of diner breakfasts) with a Bloody Mary
8. Le Cavalier (Special Easter Brunch) – Le Cav promises one of the best brunches in town already, but they’re kicking it up a notch with their special Easter Brunch on April 4th. Check out both of these killer menus.
Our favorite order: Croque Madame with the Le Cav Bloody Mary
9. Rocco Italian Grill – If you’re looking for brunch with a cool Italian twist, look no further than Rocco. This sports bar is serving up classic brunch food and drink on the weekends in their cool spot on Union and 7th.
Our favorite order: Rocco breakfast pizza with Italian Bloody Mary
10. Celebrations on Market – Celebrations is known for its Sunday brunches accompanied by live music. They combine some of the best jazz acts in Wilmington with a chef-prepared and curated menu of Caribbean and Southern-inspired dishes.
Our favorite order: Puerto Rican chicken paella with house-brewed sweet tea
11. Kozy Korner – Kozy Korner has been a Wilmington favorite since its initial opening nearly 100 years ago. It’s won “Best Breakfast in Delaware” multiple times, and was featured on Food Network as the best diner in Delaware. So it goes without saying their brunch is legit.
Our favorite order: Pancake breakfast special with orange juice
12. Sterling Grill – After being closed for nearly a year, Sterling JUST reopened last week! If you’re looking for a great weekday breakfast or lunch from an authentic, family-owned downtown diner, this is the place to go.
Our favorite order: Big Breakfast special with hot coffee