Oktoberfest is right around the corner and we’ve put together a list of the best breweries or places for a pint in Wilmington, DE. Check out their latest releases! Cheers!
1. Stitch House Brewery (829 N. Market Street)-With cheeky names like Big Stitch Nick (their pale ale), and their Oktoberfest releases on the way, we love the opportunity to sample whatever we like with their beer flights! They also donate their “spent” grains from their brewing process to local farms as feed.
2. Wilmington Brew Works (3129 Miller Road)- Housed in a 100-year old former laboratory in the old 9th Ward, WBW is known for being “Playfully Pretentious, Easily Enjoyed.” We love how creative their brews are like the Duvette Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake Sour, and the latest release just in time for Oktoberfest, Umlaut, a German-Style Marzen.
3. Iron Hill Brewery (620 Justison Street)-A Delaware treasure, Iron Hill’s original brewing location in Newark led to the opening of their Wilmington location on the Riverfront. They’ve since exploded on the beer scene with sites in New Jersey, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Georgia. Fall flavors and Oktoberfest vibes with their 2 latest releases of the Oktoberfest, and the Pumpkin ale!
4. Chelsea Tavern (821 N. Market Street)- Choose from over 33 pints at this Market Street staple, located directly across from the Grand! We are fans of the Geroge Washington Porter by Yards Brewing, stop in and check out their latest additions!
5. Trolley Tap House (1616 Delaware Ave)-Another spot that features a MONSTER selection, with 30 draft lines including their fall seasonal selection of Unter Dog, a German-Marzen style beer from Yards Brewing Co., Pick of the Batch Pumpkin Ale from Cape May Brewing Co., and Trick or Treat Pumpkin Porter from Evil Genius Brewing Co.!
6. Washington Street Ale House (1206 Washington Street)-This cozy downtown spot equipped with a fireplace and over 24 local brews is one of our favorite places to hang out with a brew in hand. Their fall selection soon to be added to the taps includes several Oktoberfest style beers and fun fall flavors.
7. Bellefonte Brewing Co. (3605 Old Capitol Trail)- With 2 locations on the outskirts of Wilmington, this nano brewery and tap room offers 16 “regular production” brews with several German-style beers!