Whether it’s iced or hot, black or with cream and sugar, coffee always hits the spot! Wilmington is home to some of the best local coffee shops, in our opinion, so we made a list of some of our favorite spots!
1. Brew HaHa! – All across Brandywine Valley you will find Brew HaHa! Their unique cafes are located in distinct neighborhoods within Northern Delaware and they each have their own individual look and feel! Every drink is special and individualized so you know it will be absolutely delicious! Check out their Instagram!
2. Sleeping Bird Coffee – Beginning as a small red and black truck originally called Scission Espresso in 2017, Sleeping Bird Coffee has made itself known with its coffee brewed to perfection. Located on Miller Road they are open every Tuesday – Friday from 7am to 3pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 3pm! Take a look at what they have to offer on their Instagram!
3. Spark’d – Spark’d is not only a place to get coffee, but you can also get delicious pastries as well! Spark’d was created by the creative minds at the Hotel Du Pont Bake Shop and they partner with La Colombe for all their house coffee and espresso beverages! Located in DE.CO be sure to check them out every Monday through Friday and check out their Instagram too!
4. Riverfront Bakery – Inspired by life in Europe, Riverfront Bakery is a place where you can get daily fresh baked pastries and enjoy a coffee. Sit, relax and take in the European ambience as you sip on your coffee! They opened in the spring of 2020 and are located on S Justison Street. Head over to Riverfront Bakery any Tuesday through Sunday and follow them on Instagram.
5. Ciro Forty Acres – If you want brunch, breakfast or coffee, Ciro Forty Acres has you covered! Ciro Forty Acres is a neighborhood cafe that makes the most delicious tasting food and coffee! You can find them at Lovering Avenue from 8am to 3pm Tuesday through Sunday! Make sure you head over to their Instagram to get a look at what they have to offer!
6. I.M. Coffee – You will find I.M. Coffee in the infamous I.M. Pei building! With an extensive menu I.M. Coffee is ready for all your coffee needs bringing people together over craft coffee and freshly prepared food! Open Monday through Friday they are ready to fill your coffee orders! Follow them on Instagram!
7. Sweet Nel’s – Sweet Nel’s combines a specialty ice cream and gelato shop with a coffee shop to give you a unique experience! Focusing on sustainability, they offer gelato, baked goods, acai bowls, crepes, breakfast sandwiches and of course coffee! With so much to offer they will fulfill all your cravings! Head over to their Instagram to check out all the sweet treats they make!
8. Milk & Honey – A coffeehouse, art gallery AND event space, Milk & Honey is a spot you should check out! They have two locations, one on Union Street and the other in LOMA Downtown District. Head over to their Instagram to see any events they are having!
9. Legal Grounds Cafe – Minutes away from downtown Wilmington in Elsmere you will find Legal Grounds Cafe! They serve the highest quality coffee, beverages, breakfast and lunch in a European inspired cafe. They are open for both takeout and outside seating so definitely make sure you stop by and follow them on Instagram!