If you have a few bucks, why not spend it at some food trucks?! As we move into Fall and are enjoying the weather, food trucks are all over Wilmington and a fun way to get delicious food fast and easy! We created a list of some of the best food trucks in Wilmington, DE nominated by YOU!
1. Burgers by Wildwich – It’s always a good time for some burgers and fries! Burgers by Wildwich can be found at the corner of Concord Pike and Sharpley Road most of the week! Be sure to check them out on Facebook and follow them on Instagram!
- Staff Favorite: Cheeseburger and Loaded Fries with crisp bacon, queso, ranchero sauce, and scallions.
2. Koi On The Go – If you are craving gourmet Asian-fusion food be on the lookout for Koi On The Go! You can typically find them at the Rodney Square Farmers Market every Wednesday! Head over to their Facebook to see their schedule and where they will be every week!
- Staff Favorite: Steamed Dumplings with homemade chicken and vegetables over a mixed green salad topped with soy-ginger sauce.
3. Sleeping Bird Coffee – Grab your morning coffee from the Sleeping Bird Coffee truck! They began as a small red and black truck originally called Scission Espresso in 2017. Sleeping Bird Coffee has made itself known with its coffee brewed to perfection, and even has a brick and mortar location at 3111 Miller Road, next door to Wilmington Brew Works and La Pizzeria Metro. Take a look at their Instagram!
- Staff Favorite: Cookie Butter Flavored Latte (you read that right!)
4. Mitch’s Mo’ Better Chicken – Get mouth watering chicken with award-winning taste and quality service! Mitch’s Mo’ Better Chicken is THE food truck to get delicious fried chicken! Check out their Facebook to see their schedule!
- Staff Favorite: Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
5. Mojo Loco – You will go loco for the food at Mojo Loco! Their delicious extensive menu ranges from tacos, to grilled cheeses and falafels! You can find Mojo Loco at the Rodney Square Farmers Market but check out their Instagram and Facebook for their schedule!
- Staff Favorite: Braised Short Rib Grilled Cheese with caramelized onions and melted cheese on Texas toast.
6. Tacos Mexigo – If you are a tacoholic this food truck is for you! Tacos Mexigo has Mexican cuisine covered with their tacos, burritos, empanadas and more! You name it, they have it! Take a look at their Facebook to see their schedule and follow them on Instagram!
- Staff Favorite: Salmon Burrito with rice, salmon, plantains pico de gallo, lettuce, chipotle aioli, sour cream and avocado.
7. Uncle John’s BBQ Stand – Everything is better served in BBQ Sauce! Uncle John’s BBQ Stand gives you some delicious Smoked BBQ with Homemade BBQ Sauces and Made-to-Order Sandwiches. Head over to their Facebook or Instagram to see their schedule!
- Staff Favorite: Slow Roasted Pulled Pork with hand-rubbed pulled pork topped with pineapple coleslaw on a brioche bun.
8. Plum Pit – If you are looking for great food, the Plum Pit is the truck to visit! They have a changing menu so there is always something new and exciting for you to try! Catch them at the Rodney Square Farmers Market and be sure to take a look at their Facebook to see their schedule. Follow them on Instagram!
- Staff Favorite: The Mother Clucker, smoked chicken sandwich, topped with fries, apple slaw and jerk sauce.