Get out of the hot summer sun and enjoy some of Wilmington’s finest art, history, and culture. The museums in our city are a great change of pace during the season of sun and also offer high-level entertainment. Here are some of our favorite Wilmington Museums.
1. Delaware Art Museum– Live entertainment, physical artistic expression, and happy hours are just a few of the exciting events in the summer schedule for one of the most popular museums in Wilmington. You can even sign up for art classes!
2. Hagley Museum and Library– Hagley offers events like Yoga Classes, Car shows, and Science Saturday. There is fun for the whole family at this historic museum on the banks of the Brandywine.
3. Delaware Children’s Museum– You are never too young (or old) to enjoy a day of learning. Attractions like the Training Wheels Exhibit, Stratosphere Exhibit, or S.T.E.M. Exhibit are perfect for making learning fun.
4. Rockwood Park and Museum– Upcoming events like Treasure Tots, Watercolors, and Shakespeare Summer Festival are some of the best ways to enjoy culture and have fun in our city!
5. Delaware History Museum– Celebrate our state and take in the nation’s largest privately held collection of material relating to Delaware history with approximately 3 million items. This offers a great opportunity to learn and grow.
6. Delaware Contemporary– This art space is a creative look into our community through exhibitions, experiences, and the artistic process. Here, you can support local, regional, and national artists and curators.
7. Delaware Sports Museum– The greatest athletes from our state are honored here. Come to check out the heroes of sports and admire their accomplishments.
8. Delaware Museum of Nature and Science– Nature is one of the great pleasures that we are able to experience. Here, you can immerse yourself in ecosystems from all periods throughout history.