This summer is one to celebrate! When you are out and about in Wilmington, however, it can get hot. Here are some of our favorite places for cold treats to help you stay cool!
1. Dino’s Ice Cream & Water Ice Store– This isn’t just your regular ice cream truck. Dino’s offers all of your favorite classic novelty ice creams along with their delicious homemade Italian water ice. So refreshing!
Staff Favorite: Summer Splash Italian Water Ice
2. Sweet Charlie’s Trolley Square– Charlie’s offers tons of different treats like cookies, waffles, milkshakes, and sundaes but they are best known for their hand-rolled ice cream. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a warm summer night with family and friends.
Staff Favorite: “Tall Charlie”- Rolled ice cream in a glazed donut bun
3. Fusco’s Water Ice- It’s hard to think of a better way to beat the heat than authentic Italian water ice made with fresh ingredients and that is exactly what Fusco’s offers. Their lemons are squeezed daily for an incredible result!
Staff Favorite: Lemon Italian Water Ice
4. Ice Cream Shoppe– Located just outside of the city, this spot is known for excellent service and high-quality ice cream and milkshakes. They offer a crazy variety of over 100 premium ice cream flavors!
Staff Favorite: Caramel Salted Truffle Ice Cream
5. Ice Cream Delight– If you love soft serve and frozen yogurt then this is the place for you! With 52 unique flavors of soft serve ice cream AND 52 flavors of frozen yogurt your only problem will be deciding which is your favorite.
Staff Favorite: Vanilla Arctic Swirl with Oreos
6. Sweet Nel’s– Located on Concord Pike, this natural ice cream shop combines a specialty ice cream and gelato shop with a coffee shop. They offer gelato, baked goods, acai bowls, freshly made crepes, La Colombe coffee, and all-day breakfast sandwiches
Staff Favorite: Nel’s Affogato- Double Espresso poured over vanilla ice cream
7. Charcoal Pit– This is one of the most well-known restaurants and ice cream spots in Wilmington. It is also considered to be one of President Biden’s favorite locations around the city for a milkshake. It’s definitely worth a try!
Staff Favorite: Triple Thick Chocolate Shake
8. The Juice Joint– If you are looking for a healthier option to stay cool this summer then check out this option. Their smoothies are delicious and nutritious!
Staff Favorite: BPB+J Smoothie
9. Green Box Kitchen– Green Box offers a wide variety of products like bowls, waffles, toast, juices, and smoothies. The most popular summer option has got to be their delicious acai bowls. Give them a try for a frozen mix of fruit, granola, and agave.
Staff Favorite: “OG” Acai Bowl
10. Pinji Cafe – This cafe offers breakfast, sandwiches, soups, and more. Their best option for the summer heat, however, is their delicious bubble teas and smoothies. They are sure to help you stay cool this season!
Staff Favorite: Pineapple-Peach-Mango Smoothie