Do you know someone who deserves to be recognized as an outstanding citizen?
The 15th annual awards recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of distinguished Wilmington citizens.
Eligibility for the awards is based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Leadership in community building
- Advocacy for educational excellence
- Furthering economic opportunity
- Promotion of social justice
- Advancing cultural awareness
- Involvement with music and the arts to promote greater understanding and acceptance
The deadline for nominations is Friday, June 30, 2017.
The awards ceremony will be held on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 in Council Chambers at the Louis L. Redding City/County Building, 800 North French Street.
2016 Winners Include:
Musician, educator and community activist Richard Raw. (The background for his video, “Shine Yo Light” should look familiar)
Previous award recipients between the years of 2009 through 2016 are ineligible. A list of the previous award winners is (here).
Stay Up-to-Date on Everything Wilmington
Sign up for Our Monthly Newsletter!