The Buccini/Pollin Group, Chef Tyler Akin, Mayor Mike Purzycki and Delaware’s independent restaurants join the Independent Restaurant Coalition to announce IRC x Wilmington. IRAC x Wilmington is a series of mission-driven dinners and experiences to benefit neighborhood restaurants and bars across the country.
IRC x Wilmington will occur December through March, and there will be celebrity guest chefs cooking in partnership with some of Wilmington’s most esteemed restaurants. The first event is with Ashley Christensen, owner of AC Restaurants, author and “Outstanding Chef” JBFA winner, with Culinary Director Jim Burke of Philadelphia’s acclaimed Wm. Mulherin’s & Sons and the Method Co. boutique hotel project. The event will be hosted at Le Cavalier on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 6:30PM.
This dinner series is curated by Tyler Akin, Wilmington native chef-partner of Le Cavalier at the Hotel Du Pont and member of IRC’s board of directors.
The IRC was created in March 2020 to save independent restaurants and bars as well as the jobs within the industry affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. IRC x Wilmington has played a big part in the mission of supporting independent restaurants nationwide.
The line-up of visiting chefs includes:
- Jennifer Carroll – Owner of Carroll Couture Cuisine, Chef-Owner of Spice Finch, and finalist of Bravo’s “Top Chef”
- Ashley Christensen – Owner of AC Restaurants, author of It’s Always Freezer Season, JBFA winner “Outstanding Chef”
- Tom Colicchio – Owner of Crafted Hospitality, Host of Bravo’s “Top Chef”, five-time JBFA winner
- Gregory Gourdet – Chef-Owner of Kann, Author of Everyone’s Table Cookbook, Finalist on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” JBFA nominee
- Niki Russ Federman – fourth-generation co-owner of Russ & Daughters
- Andrew Zimmern – Emmy- and four-time JBFA-winning TV personality, chef, writer
Local chef talent featured includes:
- Tyler Akin, Chef-Partner of Le Cavalier, IRC Board Member
- Jim Burke, Culinary Director of Wm. Mulherin’s Sons
- Antimo DiMeo, Chef-Owner of Bardea, JBFA semifinalist
- Dan Sheridan, Chef-Owner of Stitch House Brewery
- Bryan Sikora, Chef-Owner of La Fia and Merchant Bar, JBFA semifinalist
- Dwain Kalup, Chef de Cuisine at La Fia, JBFA semifinalist
There will be a series of ticketed multi-course dinners around Wilmington co-hosted by BPG and IRC Board Member Tyler Akin. The schedule for these events is listed below.
- December 9, 6:30PM — Ashley Christensen in partnership with Culinary Director Jim Burke of the forthcoming Method Co. boutique hotel project hosted at Le Cavalier (42 W. 11th Street, Wilmington)
- January 20, 6:30PM — Jennifer Carroll and Tom Colicchio in partnership with Tyler Akin of Le Cavalier hosted at Le Cavalier (42 W. 11th Street, Wilmington)
- January 30, 12PM — Niki Russ Federman in partnership with Dan Sheridan of Stitch House Brewery hosted at Le Cavalier (42 W. 11th Street, Wilmington)
- February 17, 6:30PM — Andrew Zimmern in partnership with Antimo DiMeo of Bardea hosted at Bardea (620 N. Market Street, Wilmington)
- March 10, 6:30PM — Gregory Gourdet in partnership with Chef Bryan Sikora of La Fia hosted at La Fia (421 N. Market Street, Wilmington)
Tickets for the events are available and can be purchased here.