Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! The Fourth Annual Delaware Taco Festival will be on Saturday, August 17 from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m. The event has moved to a new location, Tubman-Garrett Riverfront Park along the Christina River.
The food festival will bring together more than 25 of the area’s best restaurants and food purveyors to dish out a wide variety of tacos and specialty items. Just like last year, all proceeds of the event are in support of the Trauma Survivors Foundation.
“There’s no doubt that Wilmingtonians love their tacos, and this year will see even more varieties than ever before. So I encourage everyone who can stop by the Riverfront on Saturday for a terrific afternoon of food, music, activities and family fun,” said Mayor Purzycki.
This year’s festival will feature more than just tacos. Check out the list below!
- a Tequila expo area for light tastings and individual purchases,
- a Margarita bar with traditional cocktails,
- and traditional bars and beverage stations serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Lucha Libre wrestling,
- hot pepper and taco-eating contests,
- a VIP misted party tent,
- kids fun zone featuring a mix of activities and attractions.
- traditional rock/pop bands,
- authentic mariachi bands,
- dance troupes, and
- DJ’s to round out the day’s entertainment.
About A Taste of Your Town
A Taste of Your Town brings together over 30 years of professional experience in management, event production, strategic planning, logistics, and operations to produce area concerts, sporting events, food festivals, bar crawls and more. A Taste of Your Town has worked with various charities and foundations, including The Trauma Survivors Foundation, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, The Rocco Foundation, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, The Delaware County Law Enforcement Memorial Fund, The First State Police Foundation, and Kisses for Kyle.