The Grand Opera House has announced it will be holding its first Drive-in concert on July 3 at 7pm in the Frawley Stadium parking lot on the Wilmington Riverfront. The concert will feature the local tribute band, The Rock Orchestra, where they will be playing the greatest hits of The Beatles for approximately 90 minutes.
The Concerts by Car series is presented in part by PNC Arts Alive, New Castle County, and The City of Wilmington. Additional support is provided by Riverfront Development Corporation, The Wilmington Blue Rocks, Colonial Parking, Kenny Family ShopRites, NKS Distributors, and Electro Sound Systems.
Tickets are currently on sale for $25 per person, per car, plus fees. They are available by calling The Grand Box Office at 302-652-5577 or online here. The Grand is not accepting any in-person purchases at the box office due to COVID-19.
Social distancing guidelines for the event are as follows:
- Vehicles will be spaced approximately 6’-8’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
- Cars will be parked in a manner to achieve appropriate spacing and best visibility.
- Patrons are encouraged to remain in their vehicles. However, you may leave your car and sit in your own chairs in the adjoining space beside your car.
- Face masks must be worn anytime you are outside your vehicle.
- There are NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS at this engagement.
- There is no re-entry once your vehicle leaves the grounds.
- In accordance with state guidelines, patrons will be asked to leave if they do