WHAT: DCAD@20 ArtParty, a fundraiser that will combine exhibitions and sales of art with opportunities to make art and enjoy music, food and adult beverages.
WHY: Proceeds from ticket sales and live and online sales of art will raise funds to support general operations and scholarships at the College, which was founded in 1997 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary through the graduation of its 20th class in May. Approximately 90 percent of DCAD students receive scholarship assistance, and the ArtParty is the biggest fundraising event of the year for the College.
VISUALS: What you’ll see:
- A live auction of paintings by well-known Delaware artists Mary Page Evans and Monique Rollins with DCAD’s interim president, John Hawkins, as auctioneer.
- The DCAD Tattoo Parlor, complete with velvet couch, a “No Crybabies” sign and a range of skin art choices.
- Attendees painting a mural that will adorn the future DCAD Sculpture Garden.
- Not one but TWO art shows: An exhibition of works that were either donated by DuPont through the United Way or contributed by DCAD alumni and well-regarded professional artists from the Greater Wilmington area and beyond (first floor, main gallery) and an exhibition of select works created by current DCAD students (second floor, where the activities are taking place). All pieces in both shows are for sale.
- Attendees getting a sneak peek taste of the DE.CO eateries, which are coming soon to the DuPont Building’s new food hall.
- Caricature and silhouette artists from Jerry’s Artarama depicting attendees.
- The adornment of a wishing tree – based on an idea popularized by artist Yoko Ono – which will be decorated by attendees with written wishes for the future of DCAD.
DETAILS: Artwork in the main gallery exhibition may be viewed and purchased online at https://dcad.schoolauction.net/artparty/catalog.
Delaware Historical Society is holding its Delaware History Makers Awards celebration on the same night during the same time period right down Market Street, so a special Rock the Block combination ticket is available for attendees to enjoy both events. Regular DCAD@20 ArtParty tickets are $50 in advance and $60 at the door, and Rock the Block tickets are $100.
Presenting sponsor is M&T Bank. Co-chairs for the event are Mati Bonetti de Buccini and Cindy Pettinaro Wilkinson.
CONTACT: Susan Coulby, DCAD communications director, at 302-983-5710 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org.