Celebrate Art on the Riverfront as West Street comes alive on Sunday, September 22 at the Delaware Contemporary’s inaugural Art Festival. Coinciding with Peace Week Delaware, and as a vibrant part of the Wilmington Riverfront community, neighbors such as the Delaware Children’s Museum and the Delaware Theater Company are coming together to bring a day full of fun workshops, activities, food, entertainment, and art for guests of all ages.
Event Highlights Include:
- Spaceboy Clothing: On-site screen printing of West Street Art Festival Totes
- Monet Le’Mon: Chalk walk project that weaves from The Delaware Contemporary to the Delaware Children’s Museum (weather permitting)
- @ the Delaware Children’s Museum: Exploding sidewalk chalk science experiment, chalk recipe in Studio D, and chalk giveaways!
- Spoken word and musical entertainment will be performed throughout the day by Mir On Air, Saxophone & Lester London, Ms. WeCare, Poetic Prodigy, and You Know The Vibes
- Food trucks: Outlandish Food Truck and MooMobile by University of Delaware Creamery
- Art-making Workshops: mask-making, photography, and sculpture
- Delaware Pacem in Terris Visionary Peace Youth Art exhibition
- Improv drama performances and activities by the Delaware Theatre Company
- Additional ticketed obstacle course, slide, interactive games and activities
This event is designed to highlight Riverfront Wilmington as a vibrant, one-stop destination for families while continuing our longstanding work to foster the creativity of area youth and build a welcoming venue for art lovers and art learners alike.